A few words about us
THE HOTEL Tulip Guest House.. at the very center of the old Sultanahmet: modern comfort and convenience surrounded by vivid reminders of the Byzantine and Ottoman past . An Ottoman style hotel, the Tulip Guest House was designed in the style of traditional Ottoman urban residences and constructed in the late nineteeth century.Carefully restored in 1992, the Tulip Guest House's 16 rooms are tastefully appointed and airconditioned. Accustomed to guests mainly from America and Europe, the staff can quickly help with almost any request for dining, entertainment, and sightseeing. Travel to nearby attractions, such as ancient Troy, Ephesus and Cappodicia, and to any other part of Turkey can quickly be arranged.
The Tulip Guest House's unique location and its efficient staff enable every visitor to enjoy a great variety of rewarding experiences with a minimum of inconvenience. Begin the day with a bountiful breakfast on the terrace, shaded by walnut and fig trees, in the breakfast room, or in the privacy of the guest's own room. Then up winding stairs to the spacious roofgarden, the varied sights of Istanbul appear:
- To the north, a few blocks away ; the Blue mosque and Hagia Sophia;
- Just beyond, Topkapı Palace and the Archeological Museum;
- The Grand Bazaar lies barely 10 minutes walk away, but its smaller competitor, the Arasta
Bazaar, stands very near the Blue mosque;
- To the South, the ceaseless traffic on the sea of Marmara flows back and forth between the Bosphorus and the Dardanelles;
- On the sidewalk along the road by the sea, one can walk less than a mile to the first bridge across the Haliç, the Golden Horn;
- On the streets near the Tulip Guest House numerous shops, cafes, newstands and restaurants accommodate the visitor's every need;
A stay at the Tulip Guest House can be a rewarding cultural experience. In recent months, guests from America and many countries in Europe stayed at the Tulip Guest House while attending the İstanbul Biennial, Istanbul Music Festival, Istanbul Jazz Festival and Art İstanbul and many other artistic and cultural activities. They chose the Tulip Guest House because of its cheerful ambience, as well as its convenience. That these advantages come without the high prices of the large tourist hotels is another of the Tulip Guest House's attractions.